Every homeowner wants a lawn that is healthy and vibrant. New sod is one way to get there, but there are other landscaping tricks that you can use to get great results. If you want to use grass seed to make your turf more beautiful this year, here are some of our best tips.
What Is the Benefit of Seeding Your Lawn?
Using grass seed in your landscaping is an excellent way to create a thick, lush lawn. Grass seed can be used in a variety of ways. For example, you could use it to establish a new area of grass in a bare lot, fill in brown or damaged spots in your yard, or simply fill out your current lawn. When you use grass seed in addition to new sod, you can get transformative results in a single year.
Choose the Right Seed
Choosing the right grass seed for your landscaping project is important, as grasses are not all the same. You can use various types of grasses in a single yard, or you can choose the grass already growing throughout your property. We can help you to choose a great variety of grass seed that is appropriate for your climate and your maintenance needs.
The Lawn Seeding Process
- Before placing your new grass seed, you must prepare the soil. Get rid of any rocks or debris that can prevent things from growing easily. If the soil is dense and compacted, it may be a good idea to use a tiller to reverse this.
- Next, you should carefully level the area in which you will be placing new grass seed. Any holes or gaps should be filled with fresh soil. Use a carpenter’s level to ensure the area is level.
- Once the area is prepared, it’s time to start seating. Use the manufacturer’s directions to spread out the grass seed evenly. Depending on what supplies you have on hand, it might be a good idea to use a push spreader to make the process go by faster. Put half of the seeds in one direction and then half of the seeds in a perpendicular direction so that you fill in the yard completely.
- Next, you will need to use a quarter-inch layer of topsoil to cover up the grass seed. This is critical to make sure that the seed can sprout.
- Finally, you will need to water the grass seed and keep it moist so that things can grow.
Get Your Yard Ready for Spring
Order early and order often to ensure the best service possible. Contact us through our online page. Please find us at 27616 Little Lane, Salisbury, Maryland 21801. Our phone number is 410-726-6103, and our fax number is 410-742-6550. Speak to Jason Anderson for Turf Grass Sales. Reach him by email at email@example.com. Finally, follow us on social media on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog!